Thursday, September 29, 2011

Pink carpet is so 1980

I'll say it right now.  Pink carpet has no purpose in the 21st century.  I know there have been mini revivals amongst decorating folks of pink for a few years now, but the only ones I can get behind are the retro 1950's & 1960's tiled bathrooms.  And even if I owned such a bathroom - I'd still rip it out. Hey, that's just me and I don't have a pink bathroom (mine is yellow and blue, thank you very much and believe me when we have the money - it's going).

Back to pink carpet.  Even though the carpet was very high quality and installed well we decided to chuck it.  I would even go as far as to say that if the carpet was in a range of tones that would be considered acceptable to John and I (browns) we would have kept it for a good long while. Sadly, it wasn't brownish, it was pink.  Like pepto bismol, bubblegum or an 8 year old girls bedroom - PINK.

Proof:


Hi Will!  Thanks for modeling our nifty carpet!!

This picture doesn't do it justice, it was WAY darker pink in person.  So I called my fantastic cousin Marc who runs a local carpet installation/cleaning company and voila, new carpet!

Enjoy:


Yay!  No more pink :)


We went with light toned, mid range (price wise) carpet.  Here is why - we've got 2 boys who have many friends.  Those boys and friends walk and hang out on this carpet.  And now we have cats.  I saw no reason to spend more than I needed to to fret about wear and tear on carpet caused by humans and pets.  When an accident eventually happens, I can just shrug it off and move on, knowing that I'll have a chance in 7 or 8 years after the boys mature and the cats learn to use the litter box properly (cross your fingers for us - please!) to replace it with exactly what I want.  Plus I saved money now to spend on other fun stuff for the house.  Win - Win situation, I'd say.


No comments:

Post a Comment