Monday, June 18, 2012

Adding some curb swagg

So, it's Sunday - perfect day for a mailbox makeover!

This was a super simple project that took less than 20 minutes (not counting drying time for paint/stain) and makes a huge difference.

Let's just pretend that I actually took a photo of the mailbox before.  It was a standard green box atop a pressure treated post.  Something like this:





Imagine the green box instead of the black one and you've got it!

Anyhoo, I thought it looked a little sad and knew I could do better.

And then I did.



This angle is a little dark, so let's move to the other side, shall we? 



Yay!  It looks really classy now.

Big ups for easy projects.

The smudge is where I blurred out the address
somehow that felt like the thing to do...

All I did was use our nifty exterior stain to stain the pressure treated post (10 minutes) and spray painted the box (5 minutes).  Total cost:  $2 for the spray paint.

Yah, I know this isn't very exciting, but we still haven't built the arbor above the deck (didn't feel like spending the $$ and time this weekend) so there isn't a final post for the deck.

And as pathetic as this is, I haven't felt like cleaning the master bedroom enough to take photos for an after post there either.  That blue tub and yellow shower combo room takes a whole lot of motivation to clean since I hate it so much.  We'll have to have a party soon since that seems to be the only thing that motivates me to clean it :)

Maybe I'll just take photos around the shower room.  All artistic like.  Yeah, that's what I'll do.  It'll be good to cross that room off my "to blog about" list for awhile.  Plus, then I can tell you about our master bedroom, that's done now too.

Am I the only one who procrastinates cleaning something that I don't like?  I hope not, that would make me feel even worse... 



No comments:

Post a Comment